Saturday 4 June 2011

I talked to Sears Parts people and they told me that my dryer parts have been reengineered?

I only wanted a belt. The new belt is 4 teeth wide. The old belt is 6 teeth wide. The parts man tells me that I will need to replace my old pulleys if I want to use the new belt, that all the parts on my dryer have been changed. I would like to use a belt like the old one and I have it off the dryer. How can I get a belt for this dryer? Can I go to a belt selling place and just get a belt from them using the numbers on the belt itself and dimensions?|||Just use the new belt. It will fit and work fine. They stopped making the 6 rib belt but the four ribbed belt is a factory replacement for that. Lube the idler pulley or replace it if it wobbles.|||lol


a belt selling place... that%26#039;s funny

Report Abuse


|||yeah|||You could use the dimensions and stuff - it shoudl be fine. A belt is a belt.





Or try eBay using the model number and the size etc. Search for it and maybe someone is selling one. Or try the Goodwill near you for a junked dryer. . .





Just a couple of thoughts.|||Try a local applaince repair shop or you might also try an auto parts store.|||i work for sears and ive never heard of this. but alot of times you get idiots on the phone. one of the best things ive found to do is to just call again and hope to get someone else. usually you will get decent help the second time around. i dont know what number you may have been given but try 1-800-469-4663. get the model number off your dryer(it should be around the door opening somewhere- hte door will have to be open to see it). maytags sometimes have the model numbers on the back. dont worry about a serial number, that wont get you anywhere.





but at that number ive never known of anyone not being able to get what they called for, as long as the correct information is given.