Saturday 4 June 2011

How to care for/wash a bjj gi?

hey guys i have been training in bjj for about a couple months and i just got my gi 2 days ago i wanted to know how im supposed to wash it.


I heard that you are supposed to hang dry it if i dry it on low heat will that be ok?will it shrink on low heat?


should i wash it in cold water or hot water?


how can i minimize the wear and tear?


do i wash my belt?


also i have a blue gi so if that changes how i should care for it please let me know.





thanks everyone.|||Please god wash it every time you get home it gets nasty trust me.Machine wash cold,hang dry then maybe put it in the dryer on low to dewrinkle it.I have a Koral preshrunk gi.I love these things,they don%26#039;t shrink if you dry em and are the best in my opinion.Anyways it%26#039;s easy wash in cold water then either tumble dry low,or hang dry(if it%26#039;s not preshrunk)Anybody telling you to not wash it alot is nasty.It gets dirty as hell,blood,sweat,spit ect...Have fun rolling.Also no don%26#039;t wash your belt.Once you start getting stipes on it they will not stick to your belt if you wash it with em on there.|||don%26#039;t wash it to much and wash it with cold water and dont dry it it well shrink and yes wash your belt|||Hot water is likely to shrink it.|||I would advise washing in cold water and hang drying just to be safe (gis are not cheap)





I have heard you are not supposed to wash your belt