Saturday 4 June 2011

How do you install or replace a water pump on a 99 Yukon 5.7? ?

Yes Ive had this squeaking sound coming from my truck for a little while now and I think it%26#039;s coming down to my water pump. I%26#039;ve replaced the idler pulley, belt, and tensioner and the squeak comes back. I had my oil changed the other day and my antifreeze resevior was dry as a bone. I noticed this morning that I had a little leak and splatter of coolant on my garage floor. So it has to be the water pump, right? Well I%26#039;m not sure how exactly to replace it.. if anyone knows please help me or point me somewhere to show me. I%26#039;m not wanting to pay someone cause I%26#039;m pretty sure I can do it myself with a little instruction


Thanks|||you need to pull off accessory belt,fan %26amp; shroud,accessory bracket it usually covers some part of pump then remove pump bolts.best if you get a repair manual $15.00 its worth it to have with you|||very carefully