Saturday 4 June 2011

10 pts! How would you end/or change this poem, it's a rough draft?




Dust





Coated clocks tick


Time has a memory--





Still-brained


vegetable


Wanton fruity melon thoughts





I have been forgotten


deemed rotten





Gathering dust--encrusted


micro jewel





Segmented glorification


Of a larger whole called Family.





Cooling heels dug beneath the dirt


Resisting ghostly kissing games





Melancholy memories


and mayhem


Nostalgic specks--hardly a thing to grasp





Pearls of paneled faces


Cursing a ghostly choir





of melodic dances


Memories of mistaken chances


there was a time when鈥?br>




Papery petals drifted--languid


upon imagined gusts





And I was still


Without moisture


in my voice.





Collecting tilted thoughts, though filtered


I has gone utterly mad in the sun that summer





Jumping the tears


of happier times


Rose printed in my best pressed dress


and black patent leather Mary Janes


That hurt for I鈥檇 outgrown them, poor that we were.





Through those orange poppy summers


I sprinted honeydews


Glistening green orbs were hurdled by twos





Where there was an end


to my childhood--I didn鈥檛 dash...





I ran like Hell !





Off an Arkansas road of dry silt


Slick as a dream when rained


for the land was molded


By flood and by fortold fame





cinched in at the waist by the wide Bible belt


If your honeydew roots began there too


My kindred Amazon Queens--yes, You!





Huntresses we became


And just like me you may have





sent the ole 鈥?8 Chevy in a flutter


Like I did my grandma鈥檚 ticker





She knew my hillbilly heart wore high heels


As I drove the stick in the floor


My pigtails let loose


and became lovely ladybug wings





Having once begun


A tiny speck of transformation





stained my high cheeks flushed--Crimson


as the blood of my family tree


she hid a sad smile and turned away from me





She spun a tale that


I am still


A lot like she used to be


rather...like she still secretly IS





Habitually silent


Running against the grain





She said:


鈥業 had the inner workings of a beetle rolling dung鈥?br>

finger shaping clouds


like cotton candy





My Augustial dreaming


Such boring, neurotic sensibilities giving birth





Contractioned like eddies of heat from my heart


brushing the dust off my brain now turned glitter





With my own secret smile, my loved ones grew bitter


That summer of my sixteenth year...





One by one


They scattered like atoms


beneath my tongue





One by one


I fractured many a heart to find my special %26#039;One%26#039;, for fun





And found it here. in Oregon


at forty


With two granddaughters hand-in-hand


To tell the tale of tails that twitch





I see their pigtails unraveling


Imagine where their heart may end up traveling





as I palm the keys to my remodeled Jaguar


I visualize the fire on the horizon





Breathe deep, the tendrils of smoke from the heels


of my two creations


who plan to reshape the Nation





learned their ABC%26#039;s and their 123%26#039;s


jumped started my car to escape bigotry





Oh, this family tree is stunted--no more


my little angels broke into their %26#039;curse%26#039;


while the old folks follow in their hippie hearse





their haloes are tilted slightly off to the side


While some of us cried





The dust has settled


The path will be easy for them


For I cut a good trail


When my heels dug in





At their age, I cut the apron strings just for them


and gave them an easy out of the mayhem





One by one


I watch them scatter and run





One by one


I freed them to ???





**copywrited, from my upcoming book entitled, %26quot;Saline Smiles%26quot;, by Michelle R. Boleyn 08/08. When published, I%26#039;ll give you partial credit for the poem, aka your name mentioned on the Contents page. good luck.




















[not finished]


























|||their own languishing youth


for at last they know the final truth





for time is yet theirs to spend


and spend it they know


they must


lest they sit in an older age wondering


why they had gathered dust|||My only answer is that %26#039;Luci V%26#039; %26#039;s fits right in. |||one by one


i freed them to the sun





i freed them to everyone





i freed them only for them to come





one by one


i watch them smile





one by one


they stand in single file





force of habit





one


they run


by one


it%26#039;s done














meh i dno lol :)





what do you think of mine? more of an epic -


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>